The Liaison Aircraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Liaison Aircraft Forum

Discuss liaison and observation aircraft, pilots, squadrons, restorations, and events.

HomeHome  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blue Sky Squadron

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueSkyL-4
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Blue Sky Squadron Empty
PostSubject: Blue Sky Squadron   Blue Sky Squadron EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:11 pm

Ok, so not a full squadron yet but we are getting there.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

L-2 is Jim C's. He restored it in the last couple of years.
Our L-4.
Joe M's L-4. Joe is just finishing the restoration. Waiting on a conformity inspection so it can make it's first ever civilian flight. Yep, never been civilian registered.
Dr Tom's recently acquired L-4.
Back to top Go down
RyanShort1
Admin from www.lbirds.com
RyanShort1

Blue Sky Squadron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Squadron   Blue Sky Squadron EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:32 am

Very Nice. I wish I could get all of our local L-birds together for a group photo.

Ryan
Back to top Go down
http://www.lbirds.com
BlueSkyL-4
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Blue Sky Squadron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Squadron   Blue Sky Squadron EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Local? Those are all on the field. Also have 2 Stearmans, T-34, L-16 project, and a couple other toys at 2TX0. In the area we have a CAF L-5, a couple more Stearmans, BT-13, PT-26, and a PT-22.

Thinking about having a L-bird flyin next spring or early summer. Would like to have a JLFC clinic if we could get enough folks interested in getting their card. How many more planes do you think would be interested in an L-bird activity in the Texas Panhandle?
Back to top Go down
RyanShort1
RyanShort1

Blue Sky Squadron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Squadron   Blue Sky Squadron EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:54 am

First off, what does JLFC stand for?
I think some would be interested, but we'd need to have a date, etc...
I'd be interested, if I could afford to do it.

Ryan
Back to top Go down
BlueSkyL-4
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Blue Sky Squadron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Squadron   Blue Sky Squadron EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Sorry about that, Joint Liaison Formation Clinic. They are one of the signatories to FAST, Formation and Safety Training. To fly formation in waivered airspace (ie airshow) you have to have a FAST card. There are several groups that can give cards; the T-34 bunch, Stearman flight, North American Trainers, Canadian Bushhawks, CAF TRARON, etc...
We are just trying to see if there would be enough interest to pursue a clinic in Amarillo. Currently the closest JLFC clinic I know of is in Keokuk Iowa the week before OSH.
Cost would be dependent on how many players we had. We would have to bring in check pilots, put them up, etc.. If anyone thinks they would be interested let me know.
Back to top Go down
RyanShort1
RyanShort1

Blue Sky Squadron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Squadron   Blue Sky Squadron EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:27 am

We've actually talked about doing that here as well. I wonder if maybe we could find a spot in between us, y'all, and Dallas, and do it there. I think that might draw enough L-birds to make it worth while... Brownwood maybe? That's where some of the L-bird pilots trained.

Ryan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blue Sky Squadron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Sky Squadron   Blue Sky Squadron Empty

Back to top Go down

Blue Sky Squadron
Page 1 of 1