The Liaison Aircraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Liaison Aircraft Forum

Discuss liaison and observation aircraft, pilots, squadrons, restorations, and events.

HomeHome  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MTO question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
freddyK
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot
freddyK

MTO question Empty
PostSubject: MTO question   MTO question EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 4:51 pm

After some correspondence with fourm member Ken Wakefield, ( Thanks again Ken ! ) he noted that My L-4 had been shipped to Pomigliano Italy. Doing a bit of research on my own it appears that 121st liaison squardron and the 72nd liaison squadrons either passed through or were stationed there.
While I know it is a long shot, I am still seeking any possible activity of my L-4 in that area. The Buzz number is 480058 Assigned on Aug 23, 1944... Ken seemed to think it went to 7th Army, but is not able to confirm it.
Figure it is worth a shot! Thanks guys.
Fred
Back to top Go down
sentinelpilot
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

MTO question Empty
PostSubject: Liaison Squadron Aircraft   MTO question EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 10:41 pm

The L-4 was really intended for Army use in the Artillery Battalions. L-4's were definitely used by Liaison Squadron's stateside for training, but most of the L Squadron photo's that have seen were L-5 aircraft. I would spend time looking through Army Artillery Battalion photos before looking into Liaison Squadron histories. A good authority to speak to regarding the Liaison Squadron's is the President of the L-5 club, Jim Gray. You can find his information at the website www.sentinelclub.org
Back to top Go down
freddyK
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot
freddyK

MTO question Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTO question   MTO question EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:37 am

Thank you, you are correct for the most part. However, records indicate flights from those squadrons involving both L-4 and L-5s'. Some of the activity noted about these groups occurred about the time My L-4 became available. Thought that interesting, It kinda lit a spark.... I'll see if I can find a link and post it...... I'll get in touch with Mr. Grey, Thanks again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MTO question Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTO question   MTO question Empty

Back to top Go down

MTO question
Page 1 of 1