The Liaison Aircraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Liaison Aircraft Forum

Discuss liaison and observation aircraft, pilots, squadrons, restorations, and events.

HomeHome  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Repairing scratches in Plexiglass

Go down 
AuthorMessage
paul smith
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Repairing scratches in Plexiglass Empty
PostSubject: Repairing scratches in Plexiglass   Repairing scratches in Plexiglass EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 8:41 pm

Hey there,

I was replacing some phillips screws with slotted on my L-4 and as I was tightening down one of the last ones, the screwdriver slipped and put a nice 6" gash right down the middle of the center window of my upper door. I didn't want to spend the money on an aviation repair kit, so I tried an auto parts store. There were several to choose from, and I went for the cheapest. Turtle Wax has one for about $8. They're meant to repair yellowed or scratched headlight lenses.

It worked beautifully. Took me about 20 minutes and a sore arm, but the scratch was a bad one, and you can't even tell where it was now. Just follow the directions and you can't go wrong.

P
Back to top Go down

Repairing scratches in Plexiglass
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Liaison Aircraft Forum :: General Liaison Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: