The Liaison Aircraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Liaison Aircraft Forum

Discuss liaison and observation aircraft, pilots, squadrons, restorations, and events.

HomeHome  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Correct colors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
freddyK
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot
freddyK

Correct colors Empty
PostSubject: Correct colors   Correct colors EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Hello,
In a attempt to follow the instructions that my IA gave me on finishing my metal parts, I have been on the hunt for historical info on paint, because my local paint supplier doesn't have historical info that goes back to 1944, no surprise! I have a note out to dupont,
anyone have any thoughts? See the link below to see what I'm looking at....
Thanks in advance,
Fred

http://pc.dupont.com/hcl/search/imageViewer.jsp?imgurl=/hcl/data/Data/Trucks%20Assorted%20Vehicles/Federal%20Standard/Federal%20Standard/010235.jpg&mode=fullscrn
Back to top Go down
BlueSkyL-4
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Correct colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Correct colors   Correct colors EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Wakefields book has good info (The Fighting Grasshoppers) on page 151.
The Erection and Maintenance Instructions for the L-4s just says "shade 41, olive-drab" AAf spec no. 14106 on the upper and side surfaces. "shade 43, neutral grey" AAF spec no. 14106 on lower surfaces.
Take a trip over to OKC and the artillery museum and you can see one exactly as it was when they took it out of the crate.
Back to top Go down
paul smith
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Correct colors Empty
PostSubject: correct colors   Correct colors EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:12 pm

Freddy,

I had to mix my own to approximate #34087. Email me and I can give you the recipe. It's really simple to do and I have received nothing but compliments for having the "Real" color from veteran pilots.

If you go back to the discussion about radios in L-4s you can see a good representation of what it will look like.

Paul Smith
n36973@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Correct colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Correct colors   Correct colors Empty

Back to top Go down

Correct colors
Page 1 of 1