The Liaison Aircraft Forum

Discuss liaison and observation aircraft, pilots, squadrons, restorations, and events.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What do you know thats stored?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tony hoskins
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

PostSubject: What do you know thats stored?   Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:19 pm

Over here in the UK, its fairly rare to find hidden gems stored away in barns and sheds. Even in my neck of the woods there is rumoured to be a vintage DH Puss Moth hidden away but I've yet to find it. We get quite a few vintage gliders left to rot as their value decreases, indeed hopefully I'm going to be rebuilding one for a customer later this year - but what do you guys have over stateside?

Does your local airstrip have an old barnstorming stearman looking for a home, or a Willys Jeep in need of love and attention? A Beech 18 looking for someone to stretch its wings?

Photos would be fantastic!

T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Col.
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

PostSubject: Re: What do you know thats stored?   Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:24 am

Well I just found out about the old Martin Aircraft B-26 production buildings had all sort of stuff in the basement like three complete R-2800 still in the cans plus some B-26 parts.

I've heard arumor about some other stuff over at martin State Airport might have to do some checking out.

Also have heard about a guy who might have a few Vintage aircraft in his barn,trying to get his address so I can pop in sometime and take a look see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What do you know thats stored?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1