The Liaison Aircraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Liaison Aircraft Forum

Discuss liaison and observation aircraft, pilots, squadrons, restorations, and events.

HomeHome  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you know thats stored?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tony hoskins
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

What do you know thats stored? Empty
PostSubject: What do you know thats stored?   What do you know thats stored? EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 8:19 pm

Over here in the UK, its fairly rare to find hidden gems stored away in barns and sheds. Even in my neck of the woods there is rumoured to be a vintage DH Puss Moth hidden away but I've yet to find it. We get quite a few vintage gliders left to rot as their value decreases, indeed hopefully I'm going to be rebuilding one for a customer later this year - but what do you guys have over stateside?

Does your local airstrip have an old barnstorming stearman looking for a home, or a Willys Jeep in need of love and attention? A Beech 18 looking for someone to stretch its wings?

Photos would be fantastic!

T
Back to top Go down
The Col.
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot
The Col.

What do you know thats stored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you know thats stored?   What do you know thats stored? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 2:24 am

Well I just found out about the old Martin Aircraft B-26 production buildings had all sort of stuff in the basement like three complete R-2800 still in the cans plus some B-26 parts.

I've heard arumor about some other stuff over at martin State Airport might have to do some checking out.

Also have heard about a guy who might have a few Vintage aircraft in his barn,trying to get his address so I can pop in sometime and take a look see.
Back to top Go down

What do you know thats stored?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Liaison Aircraft Forum :: General Liaison Discussion :: Off-Topic Section-
Jump to: